Dear Pristava Members,
We’re sending this update as of May 21st, due to ongoing changes with COVID-19 regulations. Our goal is to keep our members informed during these unprecedented times. As communities begin to open, life looks different than it did before COVID-19. During the summer season, families are encouraged to bring a picnic lunch, visit the chapel, walk the grounds, swim at the pool and enjoy the scenery that Pristava has to offer.
Please look over this important information as we adhere to COVID-19 regulations. Here are the Pristava guidelines which we need all members to follow in accordance with Ohio and CDC guidelines.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet between individuals at all times.
- No gatherings in groups of different households.
- We strongly encourage all members to wear masks or face coverings.
- Practice good personal hygiene including washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, refrain from touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Members should stay home if they are sick, not feeling well or exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, persistent cough, muscle pain, loss of taste, difficulty breathing).
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- The bar and kitchen will have very limited if any availability during Sunday events; limited food offerings will be available and the servers will be required to use masks and appropriate hand coverings.
Although Opening Day is cancelled, you are all still welcome to enjoy the Pristava grounds. Limited food and drink will be available, so feel free to come out for a drive on Opening day and enjoy the company of fellow members.
June 21st: Spominska Masa will be held at noon at the Chapel followed by limited food options/bar open. Please refrain from driving past the Chapel during Mass.
The following Sunday picnics have been CANCELLED
- May 31st Opening Day but grounds will be open with limited food/beverage available
- June 14th St. Mary’s Slovenian School
- July 12th MZA Catholic Mission Picnic
- July 19th St. Vitus Parish Picnic
- August 22 Kres Picnic
All other picnics are pending at this time and will be updated via radio, email, Facebook, and www.SlovenskaPristava.org
MEMBER SPRING CLEAN UP:
Wed., May 27th and Sat., May 30th (9am-1pm)
Have some time to spare? Do you have a teen that needs Volunteer/Service Hours? Families and individuals are encouraged to help maintain and beautify Pristava as we need many hands to lay mulch, perform grounds clean up, edging/trimming, brush removal, rake leaves, power wash, pull weeds, general landscaping, clean/organize the kitchen, painting and dusting, window washing and more! Chapel and pool clean up is also needed.
Bring your own tools- heavy duty gloves, battery/electric/gas trimmers, gas/blade edgers, extension cords, hammers, blowers, buckets, garden tools-shovels/hoes/garden gloves/rakes.
Cleaning materials will be supplied. Lunch/beverages will be provided by the Pensioners on both days. Social distancing will be required, please bring masks as needed.
Contact Louise Sulecki at 440-665-0040 if you have questions or are interested in volunteering. We will have service forms available for students who need community service hours.
Do you have a pick up truck? We are in need of someone to pick up/drop off bags of mulch before Wednesdays clean up. Please contact Frank Vidmar for details at 440-478-3254.
WE’RE OPEN! The pool is targeted to open on Sat., June 6th depending on weather and pool filtration requirements. Please check with our website and Facebook for updates on the opening date. We plan to keep the regular schedule through August 23rd. The pool will be open from Tuesday through Sunday from Noon to 6pm. The pool will be closed on Mondays for maintenance and sanitation procedures. Pool closures due to inclement weather or unforeseen conditions will be posted on the website and Facebook.
June 6 through August 23- Noon to 6pm. (Tuesdays through Sunday)
Closed on Mondays
Please note these dates:
- June 21st: Pool open from 2pm-6pm after Spominska Masa
- July 13-18th: Members only permitted due to Camp Pristava Function.
- Aug. 29/30- Noon to 6pm.
- Sept.5/6/7- Noon to 6pm.
Non-members must have a member present before they can enter the pool area. Due to COVID-19 regulations for social distancing, no groups of 10 or more and these guidelines will be enforced.
A separate email/mailer is being sent to campground members that will outline all campground details and COVID-19 regulations.
Current planning and requirements to comply with COVID-19 continues at this time. Updates will be communicated as they are finalized.
Please send in your annual dues as noted on page 3 of the Pristava Listic. With the cancellations of picnics and fundraisers, we are depending on these dollars to cover our fixed expenses. We are waving the late fee this year.
God Bless Us All.
The Slovenska Pristava Board